Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Temptation of Adam

One of my favorite songs right now by Josh Ritter, a local Idahoan. This song "The Temptation of Adam" really displays the love and the conflict that this man goes through. There are two people down in a missile silo hatch taking care of it and the guy falls in love with the lady down there with him. The lyrics are so poetically written that it tells of the guy's selfish but love-driven thinking of blowing up the world to keep them both down in the hatch. I love what Josh Ritter has done with this song with its playfulness, love story, and even perhaps Biblical tie in. I just want you all to listen to this song and even buy the album that it is from, "The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter" because it is great!!!

"I think about the big red button and I'm tempted."

No comments: