Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What does my future have in store?



Oh magic 8 ball, tell me your great wisdom! Well I don't have a magical 8 ball to predict my future, but as you can see by the picture, that the outcome doesn't look that good for me anyway!

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do after school and my answers have varied. To be honest, I have no clue. There are a lot of things I am looking into and different opportunities at hand. People always tell you to go to college and you'll have a ton of jobs at your hand over people who don't. This is true, but where are these jobs? I have been looking around and most of the jobs that I have seen are jobs where you already have to have 4 years of other work in the field. I haven't found any entry-level work.

Right now I don't feel like I want to settle down and start in a career. There are some things that I really want to do; I don't know where or how I could make a living but I want to travel and I want to help people. I have been looking at many organizations such as WorldVision, Peace Corp, Jesus Film, and then jobs working for Discovery, History Channel, as well as National Geographic. I have a lot of options and I have been really praying about them and looking to see what doors will open and which ones will close.

I am trying real hard to not worry because I am the kind of person that likes to have his whole life planned out, but you know it just doesn't happen that way. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or organizations to look into I'm very open to them.

I thank you all for being so supportive and I appreciate the prayers. If you need to talk about your upcoming plans I feel like listening is one of my talents and would love to sit and help you out.

I am a soundboard.

No comments: