Monday, January 7, 2008

Potterized



After two long nights, I can now say that I have watched all of the Harry Potters that have been made. I was so lucky to have a another person watching them with me or I probably wouldn't get them done, thanks Jenn. So the picture above is how I feel, I'm a Star Wars kinda guy but I just couldn't really stop watching the Potter movies because they were fun, looked good, and had good stories.

What I really enjoyed were a couple things that Dumbledore said; I'd like to share these with you:

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."

"The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?"

As cheesy as it is for me to put these quotes up, I feel like these are all quotes that we need to remember while we live our daily lives. I feel like people dwell so much on bad times or things of the future that we do indeed forget to live the present times. I know I have done this, especially with our upcoming Spring Break and Europe trips.

Truth, its a great thing but also something very destructive. I am trying to be more truthful, I have sadly been lying lately about petty things for no reason. Very odd. Some may say that I am now the "New Bobby Hall" but I feel like I have a ways before this occurs.

The last quote that I want to talk about is the one about choices; in a couple of my screenwriting and scriptwriting classes we talk about characters revealing who their true selves are through their actions and decision-making. I am constantly reminded of this especially when people try to get me to do things that is out of my "character". But also, we may get caught up in our abilities and knowledge and forget about who we really are.

We are who we are, except when we lie.

No comments: