Wednesday, February 11, 2009

mewithoutyou

i've been listening to mewithoutyou a lot lately; they have some great songs and such awesome lyrics. here are some lines that i really enjoy. mainly from "catch for us the foxes".

- Why tear out single pages when you can throw away the book? Why pluck one string when you can strum the guitar?
- We'll be like torches! Torches together!
- My life is a cup of sugar I’ve borrowed before time began and forgot to return.
- I need more grace than I thought.
- Brother, I'm far; brother im far way; brother away from everything good!
- But you untied me - didn't you untie me, Lord?
- The trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead.
- In a sweater poorly knit...
- I do not exist, only YOU exist.
- If I come without a thing, I come with all I need.
- God is love and love is real
- A glass can only spill what it contains.
- Jonah where's that boat goin? Your ship set with eager sails?
- Oh, pretenders, let's go down. Lets go down- won't you come on down? Oh, pretenders Lets go down-Down to the river and pray?
- Daniel broke the king's decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea; there was hope for Job like a cut down tree, I hope that there's such hope for me.
- If I didn't have You as my guide I'd still wander lost in Sinai
- So I'll ask Your forgiveness with every breath, If there was no way into God, I would never have laid in this grave of a body for so long, dear.
- I'll ring your doorbell, until you let me in and I can no longer tell where 'You' end and 'I' begin.

No comments: