Sunday, March 9, 2008

A low point

So yesterday when I was getting geared up for skydiving, Matt's tandem guy was just mad dogging me: staring and shaking his head at me. He then said something that really surprised me since I was a complete stranger; "You are the ugliest mother fer I've ever seen." At that moment I tried to brush it off and not let it get me down, but after I got home and was telling of my adventure to Adam and Andrew, I remembered this life damaging remark. I'm not going to let it bring me down.

2 comments:

Leo and Jen said...

Sounds like the guy needs to get his head out of the clouds and open his eyes a little. Besides from an ugly person spews ugliness, and it doesn't sound like he was all that attractive inwardly. (At least with his language and decision to say such things to a stranger.) I'd have to say the spiffy outfits aren't all that becoming on anybody though... maybe he was referring to that. Something to take with a grain of salt one way or another!

The Charles Crew said...

First off, give me the guy's name so I can go beat some *ss. Second, you are no Brad Pitt, but if you want a pick me up, just grab a picture of our other brother. That is what I usually do. This world is full of all sorts of people - some great, some terrible and a lot more in between. You have an incredible blend of talent, skill, humor and positive attitude that will take you a lot further than a minimum wage, could die at any minute high school drop-out who jumps out of a plane for a living. Love you big guy.

Ian