Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Snarking

snark |snärk|
noun
an imaginary animal (used to refer to someone or something that is difficult to track down).
ORIGIN 1876: nonsense word coined by Lewis Carroll in The Hunting of the Snark.

So this is one of the many things I learned today; my dad used it this afternoon when he went out to do some P.I. business and then later tonight, around 1:30a.m. we went out snarking, as he said. Basically we rolled to a gentleman's house armed with flashlights and a notepad and we took down all of the license plate numbers so we can run them tomorrow morning.

Then we hauled it outta there because their dogs were barking and "we could've been followed" as my dad said to me. It wasn't the craziest thing we've ever done when dealing with P.I. things, but it had the potential to be pretty sweet. A good time none-the-less. You now have another word to use, as my dad said and now I am passing it along to you.

Enjoy and use wisely.

1 comment:

Leo and Jen said...

Ooh, another word to the Big Leonard Vocab. Sounds intense... actually I can't imagine your dad "high tailing" it out of anywhere.... just his lunge walk at a fast pace.