Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mr. Camp

So this last week I had the pleasure to work out at Camp Maranatha for Jr. High camp. I must say I was hesitant at first but every day I kept having a better day. The kids were very energetic but nothing I couldn't handle.

I worked activities and took kids out on a tube with a jetski. So basically I was the fun person. The kids seemed to get a lot out of the chapel times as well as music; it is great to see them kinda straying from their parents' faith and making it their own. I am still doing this.

I was really taught to be more patient and not to worry about anything. Also EVERYTHING is MEANINGLESS in the grand scheme of things; pleasures, toiling, wealth, worrying, etc. Everything is so temporary, while Heaven is eternal. Yeah its great to have talents and things, but we all pass away and what really matters is how we loved our God and how we shared His love with others.

This next week I am going up to work Sr. High camp. I want to learn and grow more in my faith as well as help others in theirs. Pray for us.

1 comment:

Leo and Jen said...

So how was the full camp experience? Hope your cold has gone and you are doing well now. When do you return back to the lower 48? We missed your blogs that last two weeks!